I would like to reflect on my experience with the Journey On relaxation exercise. I decided that maybe listening to it mught relax me enough to get a high score on this annoying phone game called Temple Run that my 11 year old daughter is better at than me. I did pretty well actually, but alas I did not beat my own high score (let alone her's which is much higher). I think in the future I may have to actually listen to him and lay down and relax, and I'm almost certain it might put me to sleep:)
That was my problem with previous relaxation techniques because I was too relaxed, when I tried this one I sat in a chair that would be comfortable but not too much that I would fall asleep. Also having my son run around didn't afford me the opportunity to be completed relaxed. Well better luck, to both of us, next time. Continue to try and beat your score on that game.
ReplyDeleteOne of my biggest problems with reading a book, watching movie, or listening to anything is that I cannot be in a very comfortable place. For example my bed because I get too comfortable and before I even notice I be fallen into sleep. While I did this exercise I was sitting in the living room alone having the lights off except the light from candles. I wanted my surrounding to be calm and relax while I participated into this exercise. For some reason I always feel calm and relax sitting into a candle light room .
ReplyDeleteHi Forest,
ReplyDeleteI think trying to find the right place to try these techniques is the biggest issue. I recently went to a spa and had a body scrub, facial and massage, and the trnaquaility as well as the setting and low lightening was were it was at. My husband was also there getting his first facial which he didn't want to but after the experience, I think he might just get another one- LOL. But it was really about the setting and lack of noise around that makes our space tranquil. Right now at my home, kids and hubby are out, so no tv or noises from our phones are here right now, so its peaceful. Not extremely quiet because the dog of course has to have a bark here and there, but it is peaceful.
Hello Forest,
ReplyDeleteI found the exercise relaxing. But I have to agree with brneyegirl22 that the environment can play a big factor in the effectiveness of the exercise. I listened to the audio file and performed the exercise in a quiet room. I expect that if my kids would have been awake and bickering that the outcome would have been negatively impacted.